Sunday, April 6, 2008

Jayhawk: A Meal Fit For A Tiger

There’s something about being eliminated from all your brackets (even though I had Memphis winning in one) and your blind draws (I had UNC, grrrrrr) that can really sink your enthusiasm for college hoops.

I have to admit, I can’t remember the last time I was so disinterested in an NCAA hoops championship game. It’s partly because I have no feelings either way towards either team. And it’s partly because I just can’t see Kansas hanging with Memphis. At all.

Admittedly, however, there is a bit of pride on the line as I’ve been picking Memphis to win it all for quite some time now (read the archives folks). So the “I told you so” factor is always nice. But we all know, that and 35 cents might get you a phone call.

Alas, I do have my four squares still in play -- we did random number squares for the entire NCAA tourney, a la Super Bowl squares. You get one set of numbers (or in my case, four sets) for all 65 games. Really a great way to make every game count down to the final buzzer. So while I will certainly be rooting for that, I just don’t think…

Oh who am I kidding. It’s the championship game. I’ll be watching.

Plus, I can’t miss arguably the best 30 seconds in sports all year – “One Shining Moment.” Regardless of the winning team, it gives me goosebumps every time. Never fails. Possibly Luther Vandross’ greatest song ever. Seriously.

Memphis 77, Kansas 59

Behold the power of Derrick Rose.

...

On another freshman point guard related note...

While Rose will declare and deservedly so, because he's actually ready (and should be the #1 pick, even over Michael Beasley), another freshman PG has already beat him to the draft sign in sheet.

Arizona PG Jerryd Bayless has declared himself eligible for the draft.

Laughable. No other word for it.

A guy with a ton of talent, and no idea whatsoever how and when to use it.

Lute could've worked his magic on Bayless and turned him into the next great UA point guard. The next Damon Stoudamire, Khalid Reeves, Mike Bibby, Gilbert Arenas, Jason Terry, etc.

Instead, world get ready to meet the next... Shaun Livingston.

Enjoy your pay day, dumbass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a friggin jackass. Michael Beasley is the future of the NBA. Pull your head out of your ass for two seconds and submit to reality.

Sincerely yours...

Michael 'The Beast' ley