Tuesday, July 31, 2007

KG Goes Green

As usual, the trading deadline has come and gone with no big names going anywhere.

Big Tex to the Braves. Yawn.

Gagne to the Sawx. Couldn't care less, except now I need a new closer for my fantasy team.

And of course the blockbuster deal of the Red Sox sending Joel Pineiro to the Cards for the always popular Player To Be Named Later.

Then, there's the NBA and the Boston Celtics who literally just gave up an entire starting five for one man.

Yes, that player is Kevin Garnett. Sure, it will put butts in the seats. And most likely, this team will win more than the 24 games of a year ago.

After a draft-day trade for Jesus Shuttlesworth, the Celts now have 3 perennial all stars on the roster.

Sadly, last time I checked, the NBA only plays with one ball and all three of these guys are allergic to the word "defense."

But as a Spurs fan, I couldn't be happier over this deal. Not only does it take KG out of the West, but it takes him out of the hands of potential suitors Suns and Lakers. Whew!

But hey, at least my buddy Jefe is happy! I'm looking forward to him drafting all three of these guys in fantasy hoops next year.

All in all, this team can't possibly be any worse than they were last year.

I'll set the Over/Under on Celtic wins this season at 41.

Now accepting all wagers!

No comments: