Wednesday, November 21, 2007

NFL Pick 'Em Battle: Let's Talk Turkey

Happy happy Turkey everyone.

Who else is looking forward to a red wine/tryptophan coma? Hmmmm? Hmmmm?

Exactly. Me too.

A triple dose of NFL goodness on Thursday, and while a Peyton Manning-Michael Vick showdown no doubt sounded great when the schedule makers were throwing darts at the board back in August, now a Colts-Falcons game has all the excitement of watching paint dry.

But I’ve never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so you’ll hear no complaints from me.

A feast fit for a king and 9 hours of football? Where do I sign up?

Here are this week’s picks, with the Thursday games first. I may or may not change my Sunday picks as we get closer to game time, but I’ll leave that up… well, to me frankly.

A little something different this week as I’m offering a bit of insight into each pick. Not that you care. I just like to hear myself type.

And away we go… as always, my pick in ALL CAPS…

Packers at LIONS (+3) – I’m feeling a Turducken-fueled upset.

Jets at COWBOYS (-14) – I’m feeling a Turducken-fueled blowout. Fourteen is still a lot of points. I say the Boys win by 17.

COLTS (-12) at Falcons - Being at home on Thanksgiving only gets you so far. Sorry Dirty Birds.

Sunday selections…

Broncos at BEARS (-2) – I’m shocked my Bears are favored here, but I’ve picked them every game thus far and don’t plan on stopping.

TITANS (-1) at Bengals – If I were a futures bettor, I would’ve laid a year’s mortgage on this game in Week 1 for Cincy. What the heck happened to them?!?

BILLS (+7.5) at Jaguars – I’m feeling a 24-17 win for J’ville.

Raiders at CHIEFS (-5) – NFL fans, meet Kolby Smith. Kolby Smith, these are the NFL fans. Now play nice.

TEXANS (+3.5) at Browns – Hardest game to pick this week. I admittedly have NO clue who wins this game and as a result, I’ll take the dog.

SEAHAWKS (-3) at Rams – This spread could be 8 and I’d still take the Seahags.

Vikings at GIANTS (-7.5) – Vikings stink. If Gmen can’t cover, they got bigger problems on their hands.

SAINTS (-3) at Panthers – See Seattle Seahawks.

REDSKINS (+3) at Bucs – The second toughest game to call this week. Again, I’ll take the points, regardless of who is getting them.

Niners at CARDS (-10) – Ok, how weird is it the Cards are favored by 10 over anyone?!? And that I’m picking them? SF stinks.

Ravens at CHARGERS (-9) – The Ravens D will most likely outscore the Ravens O. Bolts should still win by two touchdowns.

EAGLES (+22.5) at Pats – In all my years of betting, I’ve never seen a 22-point spread in the NFL. You mean to tell me the Eagles with AJ Feeley at QB are 6 points worse than the Dolphins three weeks ago?!? I don’t think so. Can’t resist getting 3 TDs. Speaking of the Dolphins…

Dolphins at STEELERS (-16) – For the record, I am convinced Miami wins a game this year. Maybe 2. This certainly won’t be it. But Jets, Bills, Ravens and believe it or not the Bengals are all winnable games for any NFL team, even one as dismal as the Dolphins.

No comments: