Monday, March 19, 2007

How SWEET It Is

Alright March maniacs, 48 teams down. 15 to go.

If you've been following along (and judging from the echoing solitude of my comments section, you haven't)… but if you had, you would've seen my picks tracking like a polygraph test.

Up one minute. Crashing down the next. TRUTH! LIES! TRUTH… and inevitably more LIES!

I went 22 for 32 in the first round. Eh.

Nine out of 16 in Round 2. Double eh.

If that's not bad enough, 3 of my Elite 8 (Nevada, Wisco, Texas) bit the dust. Arggggh.

But, I've still got a clean Final 4 (Florida, Georgetown, Kansas, Ohio State). Woo hoo!

I'm actually a little worried about the OSU/Tennessee game. I went out on a limb and picked the Vols to pull the upset in one of my office pools. It's not a huge leap of anti-Buckeye faith though. Wanna know why?

Taken from my Selection Sunday blog after the seeds were announced…..

- One thing is for sure, Ohio State is not exactly licking their chops at the prospect of a rematch with Tennessee in the Sweet 16. The Vols went into Columbus on January 13 and lost by a single bucket. They pulled Oden away from the hoop all game with high pick-and-rolls and exploited the vacated lane. Nevertheless, Thad Matta’s crew makes the right adjustments and makes sure this time it’s nowhere near as close.

So in case you thought I was the 900 King and led you astray with my picks, allow me to make it up to you...

Florida over Butler – The Gators won't need a last second shot to beat the 'Dogs like they did in 2000, courtesy of Mike Miller.

Oregon over UNLV – Just not sold on the Rebs. And honestly, have you seen an uglier father-son combo than the Krugers. Holy broken mirrors Batman!

Kansas over SIU – Growing up, I always thought I hated Kansas. Then I realized it was just Roy Williams. I like Bill Self and these are finally his kids. Too much offense beats good defense in this one.

UCLA over Pitt – Bruins roll. Next.

Georgetown over Vandy – I like Vandy. I do. In fact, picking them over Wazzu was my lock of the week in Round 2. But I've been riding the Hoyas bandwagon this far. Can't hop off now.

OSU over Tennessee – I'm picking the Buckeyes, but like I said before, won't be totally shocked if the Vols can do it. And since I'm a Michigan fan, even though it would shatter my bracket, go Rocky Top!

A&M over Memphis – Acie Law IVXXIV is legit and Memphis' best player has three first names. Go Aggies. That's all I got on this one.

USC over UNC – Last but not least, you're upset special of the Sweet 16. Did I mention I hate Roy Williams?

Holla!

No comments: