Thursday, March 15, 2007

Let The Madness Begin!

In the echelon of GREATEST DAYS OF THE YEAR, my list goes like this…

- FANTASY BASEBALL DRAFT
- CHRISTMAS (yes, I'm Jewish. It's a long story)
- MY BIRTHDAY
- OPENING DAY OF THE NCAAS

Ah yes… After much prognosticating, bracket break downs, and a thousand Jim Boeheim whiny interviews, March Madness has officially begun (and subsequently ending any possibility of productivity from work over the next 2 days).

As the first few games are nearing the half, a couple of random observations:

- For all the talk of Louisville having home court advantage against Stanford (Lexington is only 45 miles away from Louisville), from the looks of the first half, they could've played this game on the moon and it wouldn't have mattered. Stanford is being outhustled, outcoached and frankly are just outmatched. Don't see anything changing in the second half. Go ahead and ink Pitino's boys in the next round of the blank bracket sitting on your desk.

- Davidson is no joke and they're giving the Terps all they can handle. Just wish I would've picked them in all of my brackets instead of only 1. Davidson is down 1 at half but I get the feeling they win this one.

- CBS' opening montage to tourney time was weak. A bunch of highlights to a rock and roll song. Really? You've had all year to prepare for this and that's the best you could do. Really? No famous folks. No flashbacks. Nothing. Really? Weak.

I'm here all day... check back for more stuff. After all, it ain't like I got work to do. Oh wait... nah, I'll be here.

No comments: