Friday, May 18, 2007

Poker Night: Twos Are Wild! (5/18/07)

Who: Flack, Murphy, Bandy, Neil, Lewis, Blasucci, Rohac, EA, MJ & Jerry K.
Where: The Half de Flack


Without a doubt, the worst hour of cards I've played, maybe in years. Every instinct was wrong. Every call was bad. Every fold should've been played. So it will come as no surprise, yours truly was first out – only to return a short while later to play with Bandy's money. More on that in a second.

Out of the first 15 hands at our table, an Ace hit the board at least 12 times. Lesson: if you didn't have an Ace, don't play garbage.

If only I knew then what I know now.

On the second hand, Neil took me out. I went all in with 67 suited (board was A, 7, 3) against Neil, who I was certain had an A to pair the board, but figured on a low kicker and a fold to an ALL IN bet. Didn't happen. He called. I re-bought. Should've saved the extra $20. Was out again soon thereafter.

Apparently, I'm known for playing garbage. Who knew?

A few notes/observations of the game as the night's first spectator…

- Lewis slow plays AA and gets Neil into a hand. Lewis goes ALL IN. Neil calls. Lewis doubles up.

"I played those aces perfectly," Lewis says. Of course you did son. Of course you did.

- Big hand later on where Bandy gets 2s (remember, this blog is called TWOS ARE WILD for a reason) and goes ALL IN. Lewis calls with 10s. Neil calls with AJ. Two jacks hit the board – unfortunately for Neil, so does a 2 to give Bandy the boat. Bandy triples up. Neil wins side pot against Lewis to stay in the game. Nice hand.

- When Bandy has to run out (who does that mid-poker game?!?), I sit in to play with his chips. Play about 4 hands. Win him about $300. Make a questionable fold with KQ offsuit to a $500 raise. Should've played it. Didn't want to gamble with his money. Probably could've made him more.

- Shots of Morgan's, even when chilled, is a BAD idea. Sorry Flack.

- Final table: MJ, Neil, Lewis, Bandy, Murphy, Jerry K. (Can't really tell ya what happened after that cuz my ass went home, so I'm relying on those who were there to tell the story…)

- If MJ's favorite number wasn't 2 before last night, it should be now. He took Blasucci out with A2 over Jeff's AQ (ironically, this was the exact same two hands that I took MJ out on last week). He took Rohac out with K2, when Rohac tried to buy the pot with nothing. MJ put him on AJ (with neither on the board)… he was right. Nice read. Nice call.


- Final two: MJ & Murphy. MJ has dominating chip lead. Offers a semi-chopped pot. Murphy insists he's "a double up away from being back in it." They play a few hands. MJ gets 82 suited. Murphy raises pre-flop with Q,10 suited. MJ calls. Flop comes 2, 2, Q. MJ checks. Murphy goes all in... and loses all his chips.

1st – MJ
2nd – Murphy
3rd – Bandy (where's my 10 percent cut son?!?)

I'm already itching for next week boys. Redemption be thy name!

No comments: