Wednesday, May 9, 2007

S.O.D. (5/9/07): And Then There Was One...

With his home run off of Tom Glavine on Tuesday, it left August 5 as the ONLY day of the regular season Barry Bonds has never homered on.

Bonds faces the Padres on August 5 in pitcher-friendly PETCO.

Tuesday's bomb was also for first for Bonds off of Tom Glavine in the last 10 years (32 ABs).

As a side note, in my much heralded 10 BOLD PREDICTIONS from the beginning of the season, I predicted Bond would break the HR record on my birthday – August 4.

Although at the pace he's on now (just 10 shy of Hammerin' Hank), June 4 seems more likely, which ironically is my girlfriend's birthday... so happy birthday Shelly!

Ok, I'm done fabricating ironic and fascinating scenarios now.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright... This is for Anderson.

I am not a Barry Bonds fan. Let's get that out right away. Who really is, besides Giants fans? BUT... Curt Shilling is a shmuck. For the record, Bonds NEVER said he used Steroids. He has NEVER tested positive for a performance enhancing drug. And wow... Bonds cheated on his wife!? What do you think the percentage is of professional athletes in the 3 major sports(fuck hockey), who have cheated on their better halves in one way or the other? At least Bonds ADMITTED it! All I'm saying is all this 'Bonds bashing' is actually making me NOT HATE him so much and looking forward to him smashing the record. Oh... and the Spurs love Cleveland Steamers.

Anonymous said...

This Nash Man is pretty dead on!