Tuesday, September 18, 2007

NFL Prediction Battle: Week 2 Results

Man, I thought a tie left an awful taste.

Compared to this week’s results, I’d gladly welcome another tie. When your opponent goes 5-11 in his picks, chances are you’ll be chalking up a W in your pool.

That is, of course, unless you put up a horrendous 4-12 mark in Week 2. Uggggggggh.

I could look at a few games I was wavering on and went the wrong way, and say "should've, would've, could've." But let’s be honest, when you go 4-12, it just doesn’t matter. I couldn’t win an all-girls pool with those numbers.

As a result, my counterpart in this weekly battle Craig of Johnny Wishbone & I have decided that each week the loser will post a pic of the other guy’s favorite team on their blogs.

That will explain why Eli "My Daddy Loves Matty Leinart More Than Me" Manning is gracing this site.

I look forward to next week when Craig will undoubtedly find an embarrassing Bears photo up on his site.

Until then, here’s a look at arguably the worst week I’ve ever had in a Pick ‘Em pool...


HIT: (it’s a short list, sigh…)
PACKERS (+2.5) at Giants
VIKINGS (+3.5) at Detroit
Jets at RAVENS (-1.5)
COWBOYS (-3.5) at Miami

MISSED: (sadly, a much longer list….)
Atlanta at JACKSONVILLE (-11.5)
BUFFALO (+9.5) at Pittsburgh
BENGALS (-7.5) at Cleveland
Houston at CAROLINA (-7.5)
COLTS (-8.5) at Tennessee
SAINTS (-3.5) at Tampa Bay
Niners at RAMS (-3.5)
SEAHAWKS (-2.5) at Cardinals
Chiefs at BEARS (-13.5)
Raiders at BRONOCS (-10.5)
CHARGERS (+4.5) at Patriots
Redskins at EAGLES (-7.5)

TOTAL: 4-12

CRAIG’S TOTAL: 5-11

RESULT: A pathetic barn-burner….but Craig wins. We’re both much better than this, I swear.

YEAR-TO-DATE STANDINGS: EA 0, CRAIG 1 (and 1 tie)

EA’S LOCK OF THE WEEK: Packers (+2.5). This might have been the lock of the season. I’m 2-0 on my locks so far!

With that and a quarter, I could make a phone call.

No comments: