Sunday, September 30, 2007

Magic Number Countdown: CUBS WIN, CUBS WIN!



Maybe you didnt hear me...

THE CUBS WIN!

2007 NATIONAL LEAGUE CENTRAL CHAMPS.

WORST TO FIRST.

For as many awful predictions as I've subjected you to in my short history, every once in awhile, I get one right.

Written on April 10, 2007 as part of my 10 Bold Predictions For MLB 2007:

"Cubs Win! Cubs Win! – Ok, so the lovable losers from the North side won't win the World Series this year (that will actually happen next year – the 100-year anniversary of their last title), but behind arguably the best lineup in the NL and with a proven Carlos Zambrano and a soon-to-be-proven K machine Rich Hill anchoring the staff, Sweet Lou will get his team into the playoffs as division champs just one year removed from the NL's worst record. Watch."

And you can throw the records out the window...if you gave me my choice of NL playoff teams to face in the first round, I'll take the Diamonbacks every time.

Ironically, also written on April 10, 2007:

"Arizona will win the NL West – If you haven't had a chance to watch the Baby 'Backs in action, you should. Young team. Fun team. Most importantly, a talented team in a division where most of the other teams can't say the same."

We head to Phoenix on Wednesday.
Big Z vs Webb

After that, AZ plans to throw Doug Davis and Livan Hernandez in Games 2 and 3.

Couldn't be happier.

GO CUBS GO!

No comments: