Friday, September 28, 2007

NFL Week 4 Predictions: Takin' The Show On The Road

I went 4-12 last week. On the year that puts me at 18-30.

What am I really supposed to say to that? Can’t say much. So let’s get to this week’s picks… I’m taking the show on the road literally this week – I’m taking the away team in 11 out of 14 games.

I'm sick of having Giants on my site. I need to beat Craig this week (0-2-1 on season)...

(my pick in ALL CAPS)

RAVENS (-4.5) at Cleveland
BEARS (-2.5) at Lions
Packers at VIKINGS (+.5)
TEXANS (-2.5) at Falcons
JETS (-3.5) at Bills
RAIDERS (+4.5) at Miami
RAMS (+12.5) at Dallas
TAMPA BAY (+.5) at Carolina
NINERS (+1.5) at Seahawks
BRONCOS (+10.5) at Colts
Chiefs at CHARGERS (-14.5)
STEELERS (-4.5) at Cards
EAGLES (-2.5) at Giants
Patriots at BENGALS (+7.5)

LOCK OF THE WEEK (2-1 on the year): Not based on pure rooting interest or a desperate need to win a game against the freaking Lions, this pick is based solely on my faith in what will happen in Chapter One of the Brian Griese Era in Chicago. Our D is banged up. Watch us come out to play on that side of the ball and send a message. Just a hunch, plus the Lions can’t stop anyone on the other side... BEARS (-2.5) at Detroit.

TOUGHEST CALL: So, here’s the odd thing about this category. If it’s possible to rate a win-loss mark in a “what’s the one game I wouldn’t touch” category, I’m 3-0 this season. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. But for what it’s worth, each week the team I thought was most in danger of not covering has not even come close to covering. Not once. So feel free to see who I take, and take the OTHER team. Maybe I should just take my own advice. Team I’m least confident in covering this week is the RAMS. Dallas O is nasty. St. Louis is having all kinds of issues. But a dozen-and-a-half is still a lot of points. I’d like to think the Rams lose by 10. They could easily lose by 24.

...

I’m headed for the far-off city of Grass Valley, CA this weekend – Shelly’s folks are throwing us an engagement party. Should be a lot of fun!

And in case you hadn’t noticed, this is a HUGE weekend for the Cubs. We’re 2 games up. 3 games at Cincy to close the year. Brewers close with 3 against the Wild Card-hoping-but-our-coach-Jeff Gillooly’d- our-starting-OF Padres.

However my prospects of cable TV or internet appear bleak for this weekend, so if you happen to come across any Cubs or Padres scores, feel free to shoot the old text message over.

Let’s face it -- if you’re reading this, you know my number.

I’m not used to meaningful baseball during the last week of September. This is pretty fun.

One win from us. One from the Friars sometime in the next 3 days. That’s all I’m asking for (at least for now).

GO CUBS GO...